On Thursday, March 5, during an extraordinary meeting of the crisis staff of the Poznań City Hall, President Jacek Jaśkowiak, based on the recommendations of Łukasz Mikołajczyk the Voivod of Wielkopolska Province decided to cancel the 13th PKO Poznań Half Marathon which was planned to be organized on April 5 this year.
The reason for the decision is to minimize the possible risk of the SARS-Cov-2 coronavirus spreading, which causes COVID-19 disease.
The new date of the 13th PKO Poznań Half Marathon
By March 31 all registered runners with a paid starting fee will be informed about the new date of the 13th edition of the Poznań Half Marathon. At the moment, we have several alternative solutions for our participants.
Half Marathon as part of the 21st PKO Poznań Marathon
The probable date at which the 13th PKO Poznań Half Marathon could take place is the weekend, in which the 21st PKO Poznań Marathon is planned Thus, both events would take place on the same day, October 18, 2020. We are currently talking with law enforcement, institutions responsible for organizing the movement, sponsors and partners of the event. The final decision will be made by the end of March 2020.
If, for logistical and organizational reasons, it is not possible to combine the Half Marathon and Marathon into one event, the 13th PKO Poznań Half Marathon will be moved to 2021 year.
In both cases, the competitors who have paid the start fee will be able to transfer this payment to the new date of the Event.
Participants who already paid and have start number but want to cancel their start at the 13th PKO Poznań Half Marathon will be refunded the full start fee. These persons should contact the Race Office by email at: email@example.com.
The title of the message should include: Resignation from participation in the 13th PKO Poznań Half Marathon, and in the text of e-mail provide your start number and account number, which we will need to refund the entry fee.
Refunds will be transferred to competitors successively. However, we ask participants to at least wait until the end of March to resign and wait for a new, maybe equally convenient date.